The new dynamics of local search now make it easy for companies to be found by potential customers at rates that can be much lower than traditional advertising venues such as print and main stream media. This affordability is leveling the advertising playing field to the point where small businesses that execute a well crafted SEO campaign can win in terms of building recognition, branding, and credibility.
Better still, many of the search engine optimization tactics which can provide big benefits cost little if anything to implement. Here are a few of them:
* Landing page content should be presented so that visitors immediately see that the page where they are arriving is relevant to their search terms.
* On site content should be formatted so that it can be read and skimmed easily. This means breaking up the content with headings that summarize different topics and bulleted content so that readers can easily find what they’re searching for on the page. Visitors who want more details and information can then be prompted to go to pages deeper in the site.
* Page layout, graphics, etc. should stay uniform throughout the site. Color, style, and other changes from one page to the next can be confusing to visitors who may feel that they have been led away or have gone to another site unintentionally.
* Websites which are built with a heavy reliance on Flash may look great but they don’t get credit for it with the search engines. One thing to eliminate immediately is a Flash-based “Enter Here” page. Instead, visitors must arrive at a page that immediately conveys relevance to the search term that brought them there.
* People searching locally want to deal with businesses on a local basis. Using a local area code and phone number instead of an 800 number lets them know that they will be doing just that.
SEO LLC specializes in delivering search engine optimization solutions customized to the needs of each client. SEO LLC can be contacted on their website at http://www.searchengineoptimization-llc.com/ or by phone at (770) 529 2262 or (866) 530 7703.