Subscription television and radio such as HBO and Sirius are essentially commercial free save for their own promotions, and tools like Tivo and digital video recorders allow viewers to skip past ads as well.
The other hallmarks of traditional advertising in the form of direct mail marketing, newspaper/magazine ads, and television/radio ads are seeing diminishing returns as well. These methods are affected by their expense, the difficulty in gauging their performance, and the “one and done” nature of these types of ads.
The response to these issues, combined with consumers’ migration to the internet for information, reviews, and research, companies are shifting toward web-based initiatives. Upon making the shift, the following benefits become apparent:
* Affordability – Successful search engine optimization campaigns can be tailored to the budget of any business, whether small or large. In fact, companies can get months of SEO work for the cost of a single print advertisement.
* A consumers are searching the internet for everything – As consumers turn away from traditional advertising, they have turned toward their own search efforts and information from social networks for help with their purchasing decisions.
* Targeted reach – SEO campaigns can be targeted directly toward their market, as opposed to the shotgun approach of traditional advertisements.
* Search engine optimization efforts are measurable – Unlike traditional advertising, search engine optimization campaigns can be tested, analyzed, and quantified in many different ways. This allows for visibility into what is working and what is not within a campaign.
* Search engine marketing efforts have a long life in the public view – Search engine marketing materials such as articles, blogs, and press releases will stay on the web indefinitely, even after a campaign stops.
Business owners really have no choice but to seek to maximize the return on their advertising dollars. On a daily basis, more of them are seeing the effectiveness, value, and results presented by search engine optimization over traditional advertising methods. For more information, visit http://www.searchengineoptimization-llc.com/ or call (866) 530 7703.